Jumpstart is a new kind of play experience inside a new kind of booster pack.
At its foundation, Jumpstart is simple. Grab two boosters, shuffle them together, and you’re ready to go. But a closer look reveals a rich, intricate play experience unlike anything in Magic.
It works like this. Each Jumpstart booster includes 20 cards. All 20 cards fit a theme, and most themes have multiple variations—enough to make 121 possible 20-card lists inside any given pack.
Themes range from the familiar ("Garruk") to the curious ("Doctor"), and two themes sometimes come together to form an unlikely mishmash ("Doctor Garruk"). And certain, extra-special "Mythic Rare" packs don't have variations at all—just the one card list.
Jumpstart: Key Features
- Some of the basic lands show off magnificent art, printed here for the first time.
- One in three boosters includes an extra rare.
- It's loaded with reprints—almost 500 of them.
- Jumpstart introduces 37 cards to the game.
- It's closely tied to Core Set 2021—they share a lot of content—but Jumpstart is a stand-alone product.
- All cards are legal in Eternal formats (Legacy, Vintage, Commander)